Friday, April 19, 2024

2024 Movie List - The Top 46 Movies of the Year So Far

THE STANDOUTS (3) - This should go without saying, but these are all must-sees.

Dune: Part Two ***1/2
The Truth vs. Alex Jones ***1/2
Femme ***

THE GOOD (10) - These represent quality filmmaking all around.

Love Lies Bleeding ***
Babes ***
Lover, Stalker, Killer ***
Road House ***
Immaculate ***
Self Reliance **1/2
Snack Shack **1/2
Damsel **1/2
What Jennifer Did **1/2
An American Bombing: The Road to April 19th **1/2

THE GOOD... BUT SHOULD'VE BEEN BETTERS (9) - Why weren't these good movies better? I don't really know. But they should've been. Hence, the name of this section.

The Fall Guy **1/2
Asphalt City **1/2
Blood for Dust **1/2
Girls State **1/2
Scoop **1/2
Red Rooms **1/2
How to Have Sex **1/2
Sometimes I Think About Dying **1/2
Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire **1/2

THE GUILTY PLEASURES (6) - These are movies that I shouldn't like but I do, for one reason or another. I only feel ashamed because the Internet tells me I'm supposed to.

Land of Bad ***
The Beekeeper **1/2
DogMan **1/2
Prey **1/2
The Underdoggs **1/2
Cult Killer **

THE UNDERWHELMING DISAPPOINTMENTS (13) - Chalk it up to expectations but these movies just didn't cut it for me.

Civil War **1/2
Monkey Man **1/2
Late Night With the Devil **1/2
The First Omen **1/2
Abigail **
Argylle **
Ricky Stanicky **
The Seeding **
I.S.S. **
He Went That Way **
Founders Day **
Limbo **
Lift *1/2

THE BAD (5) - For better or worse, I just don't know what these movies were thinking.

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire *1/2
Drive-Away Dolls *1/2
Madame Web *
Night Swim *
Sleeping Dogs 1/2*

IN PROGRESS (0) - I started watching these but I never quite finished. Make of that what you will... but not always. Sometimes, it's just a matter of viewing circumstances.

EMBARGOED (4) - Silence is golden... for now.

The Feeling That the Time for Doing Something Has Passed
Secret Movie 1
Secret Movie 2
Secret Movie 3

DON'T FORGET (4) - I first saw these 2023 movies a while back. This list is for me, so I don't forget them.

Jamojaya ***1/2
Woman of the Hour ***1/2
Hit Man ***
Knox Goes Away **1/2

OOPS, I MISSED (39): 5 Lbs. of Pressure, About Dry Grasses, Adam the First, The American Society of Magical Negroes, American Star, Arthur the King, Bob Marley: One Love, The Book of Clarence, The Bricklayer, Cold Copy, Damaged, Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead, Evil Does Not Exist, The Garfield Movie, Gloria Gaynor: I Will Survive, The Greatest Hits, Imaginary, Io Capitano, It Ends With Us, Kung Fu Panda 4, Lights Out, Lisa Frankenstein, Mean Girls, Miller's Girl, Monolith, Ordinary Angels, Red Right Hand, Remembering Gene Wilder, Role Play, Scrambled, Spaceman, Tarot, The Taste of Things, This Is Me... Now, Totem, What About Love, Which Brings Me to You, Wildcat, Young Woman and the Sea

COMING SOON (14): Back to Black, Challengers, The Dead Don't Hurt, Furiosa, IF, In a Violent Nature, I Saw the TV Glow, Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare, Poolman, Rebel Moon - Part 2: The Scargiver, Sasquatch Sunset, STEVE! (martin) a documentary in 2 pieces, The Strangers: Chapter 1

No comments: