Thursday, February 23, 2017

2017 Movie List

THE STANDOUTS (1) - This should go without saying, but these are all must-sees.

Logan ***1/2


THE GOOD (3) - These represent quality filmmaking all-around.

Get Out ***
Oklahoma City ***
The Girl With All the Gifts ***

THE GOOD... BUT SHOULD'VE BEEN BETTERS (0) - Why weren't these good movies better? I don't really know. But they should've been. Hence, the name of this section.

THE GUILTY PLEASURES (4) - These are movies that I shouldn't like but I do, for one reason or another. I only feel ashamed because the Internet tells me I'm supposed to.

Sleepless **1/2
Fist Fight **1/2
All Nighter **1/2
Stray Bullets **1/2

THE UNDERWHELMING DISAPPOINTMENTS (3) - Chalk it up to expectations but these movies just didn't cut it for me.

Detour **
War on Everyone **
I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore **

THE BAD (2) - For better or worse, I just don't know what these movies were thinking.


XX *
Girlfriend's Day *

OOPS, I MISSED (13): The Bye Bye Man, A Cure for Wellness, A Dog's Purpose, Fifty Shades Darker, The Great Wall, The LEGO Batman Movie, Lovesong, The Lure, Rings, The Salesman, The Space Between Us, Trespass Against Us, A United Kingdom

COMING SOON (6): Collide, John Wick: Chapter 2, Kong: Skull Island, Life, T2: Trainspotting, Unforgettable

No comments: